Family Law Overview
Although each person’s story is unique, our team of highly specialised family lawyers have the extensive legal experience necessary to provide you with the right advice and best outcomes in all aspects of family law. Whatever your situation our team will have helped someone like you through it.
Family law can be confusing and complicated. Our role as lawyers is to help you understand your legal rights, provide you with various options, and empower you to make informed decisions about your future, putting you back in control.
Please explore the menu of information above. Read some real stories of legal cases on the family law blogsite.
Three reasons why you should call Streeterlaw Sydney Lawyers
- Our specialist family law solicitors know what they are doing – we have extensive experience in all areas of family law including:
- Financial settlement between de facto and married couples
- Complex property disputes involving fraud, corporate structures, trusts, spousal maintenance, superannuation and taxation issues
- Financial agreements
- Parenting matters involving “custody and access” disputes, specific issues disputes such as schooling and medical treatment
- Child support agreements
- Acting for third parties eg. grandparents in parenting proceedings
- Enforcement proceedings for financial and parenting orders in the Family Courts
- Advocacy in Family Law matters in the Federal Circuit Court and Family Court of Australia
- We strive to keep you out of court where possible to achieve your best time and cost-effective results through mediation or collaborative practice.
- Client focused and results driven. This means open and frequent communication between you and our family law lawyers, so you will always know what’s going on throughout your case. Our family law firm also has a dedicated Client Service Specialist who has knowledge of all Family Law files and is the first point of contact by email or telephone. Our Family Law Client Service Specialist is an experienced legal executive who is always ready to assist with your enquiries or otherwise place you in direct contact with your lawyer.
- What’s the difference between getting divorced and the process of dividing a couple’s assets?
- Tips on reaching a settlement (without litigation)
- How is an inheritance treated in a property settlement case?
- Top 10 tips to reduce your legal costs
- When is a child support agreement binding?
- Breaching parenting orders can be costly